The second exciting piece of news I have to share (this being the first…) is that we have bought a house and will be moving out of our condo at the end of November! Oh my, not much time…
We’ve loved living in the condo. Have loved being so close to everything we need…in fact, when we first started talking about looking for a house, one of the things we would be looking for was the proximity to everything we needed: the library, parks, stores, and papa’s work.
When we went to see this little house that will soon be our home, we knew that it felt right. There was work to be done, and walls to be painted, but it just felt good. In a whirlwind week-end we had bought a house!
There are things that I will miss about the condo…our big, enormous, beautiful window, no snow shovelling, no raking, no mowing and the very close proximity to everything. But there are so very many things that I am looking forward to in the new house…
- letting the dogs out in my pajamas (my pajamas!!)
- hanging this in the kitchen window, and making many more this winter
- feeding the birds this winter
- a string of white Christmas lights on the house (yes Papa, Christmas lights)
- a garden…and next summer’s homegrown veggies
- a compost bin for the garden
- a proper cold cellar
- not having to trek across a parking lot and into the building with a sleeping toddler (and baby!)
Oh it will keep us busy, this little house, but I can’t wait to get in and call it a home!
Tagsart attachment parenting autumn babywearing bilingualism books breastfeeding canadian carriers celebration cloth diapers clothing co-sleeping community cooking CSA dogs etsy family felted wool food garden german handmade in the kitchen kcwc knitting language learning life at home mama-made nature nursing organic outdoors reviews rhythms seasons sewing sponsors spring summer toddler toy travel waldorf inspired walks winter wood toys wool
Subscribe by E-mail